When you think Epicor, you think manufacturing. Epicor has dedicated over 45 years to solving common problems for multiple manufacturing verticals. Supporting a wide range of discrete manufacturing processes—MTS, MTO, ETO, CTO, project manufacturing, etc.—Epicor ERP has the world-class capabilities you need to drive business growth.
Manufacturers face a number of challenges, from an aging workforce to increasingly complex, global supply chains. Tackling these issues requires a robust solution to manage operations from top to bottom. Epicor cohesively blends a wide range of modules and tools, giving you a single solution for back-office enterprise data. It also automates workflows and cuts down on manual data entry to increase efficiency and accuracy. With its scalability and flexibility, you have the power to decide how to grow and manage your enterprise.
Let’s take a look at some of the Epicor ERP functionalities designed to cover end-to-end manufacturing requirements:
- Quote Entry: For those businesses that need it, Epicor can engineer the entire production process and materials required within the Quote Entry screen. It will also provide rollup costs and recommend selling prices based on multiple quantity breaks and user-defined markups.
- Planning and Scheduling: Once the quote is accepted and turned into an order, Epicor’s Planning and Scheduling modules allow you to optimally utilize your people, machines and materials. MRP functionality as well as drag-and-drop scheduling with full what-if capabilities give you the flexibility and insight you need to make the right decisions.
- Job Tracking: Epicor enables you to track labor, materials and machinery throughout the production process. Using paper-based travelers, touch screen kiosks or hand-held mobile devices, you can see exactly where an item is in the production process, look up costs to date and find the location of the work in process (WIP).
- Quality Control: Sophisticated Quality Control modules let you gather as much information as you need to maintain compliance and minimize defects. With full lot number and serial number tracking, Epicor enables you to meet all your internal and regulatory tracking requirements.
- Lean Manufacturing: Epicor fully supports lean initiatives through its Kanban production tools. One click is all it takes to move an item from release to completion. The solution also calculates yield and scrap down to the step level to help you detect and reduce waste.
- Production Flexibility: Epicor gives you the flexibility you need to align your software with your business practices. Co-product management allows you to make more than one type of finished part in a production run. With batch or nested production, machines requiring a common setup for multiple parts will automatically be scheduled to minimize changeovers and setups.
Datix: ERP Experts
With Epicor ERP, your manufacturing facility can compete with anybody in the world. ERP allows your business to eliminate spreadsheets, redundant data entry, information gaps and other areas where your organization is leaking money. But the full potential of your ERP solution can only be realized with the help of experts.
Datix is an Epicor Gold Partner, as well as the largest Epicor partner in North America. For over 20 years, we’ve specialized in serving a variety of midmarket manufacturers. We have a wide range of services and solutions designed to maximize the value of your software and optimize your manufacturing performance. To learn how our certified consultants can transform your business with software, contact Datix today.