The name Epicor has almost become synonymous with the word Manufacturing to the mid market. If you are a discrete make to stock, make to order, engineer to order, configure to order, project manufacturer or any combination of the above type of manufacturer, Epicor has world class capabilities to cover your requirements end to end.
For those businesses that need it, Epicor can engineer the entire production process and materials required right within the Quote Entry screen. Rolling up the costs involved it can then recommend selling prices based on multiple quantity breaks and user defined markups.
Once the quote is accepted and turned into an order, Epicor’s Planning and Scheduling modules allow you to optimally utilize your people, machines and materials with MRP II and drag and drop scheduling with full ‘what if’ capabilities.
Once a job is released, Epicor Manufacturing allows you to track the labor, materials and machinery throughout the production process. Either through paper based travelers, touch screen kiosks, or hand held mobile devices, Epicor allows you to know exactly where in the production process an item is, the costs to date, and physically where the Work In Process (WIP) is located.
Epicor Manufacturing also allows you to manage the maintenance records and scheduling of all your machinery, tools and dies. In addition, Epicor’s Quality Control modules let you gather as much information as needed at however many steps is required.
Automatic Bar Code and label printing at any step allows for ideal tracking of materials throughout the plant.
Epicor fully supports Lean Initiatives through its Kanban production capability. One click is all it takes to take an item from release to completion
With full Lot Number and Serial Numbers tracing as well as related tracking such as expiration dates or Heat Numbers, Epicor will allow you to meet all of your internal and regulatory tracking requirements.
Among its array of functionality, highlights include:
- Co-products – Make more than one type of finished part in a production run
- Batch or Nested production – Machines requiring a common setup for multiple different parts will automatically be schedule to minimize changeovers and setups
- Yield and Scrap calculations, even down to the step level
- Flexible Backflush options to minimize data entry
- Advanced Quality Control capabilities
- Cell Based Inventory
- Advanced MES (Manufacturing Execution System) all within the same program and User Interface
- Document management and tracking including CAD drawings as well as video instructions
- Automatic Shift and Break calculations
- Real Time Shop Warnings
- Work Queue can eliminate paper travelers
- Advanced Material Handling allowing you to track material locations and quantities at each step in real time
With Epicor’s Manufacturing modules properly implemented by the professionals at Clients First Business Solutions, you can run a 21st century manufacturing facility that can compete with anybody in the world. Eliminate spreadsheets, redundant data entry, ‘black hole’ manufacturing where you don’t know whats going on until its finished and many more practices that has your organization leaking money today.