One of the most important steps of the Epicor Signature Implementation Project plan is to get the Epicor software installed and tested. The install process is complex and needs to be verified before the Epicor install consultant leaves. Once the Epicor install consultant leaves it could be weeks before rescheduling.
Before the Epicor consultant is scheduled to arrive and install the software verify the following:
- Verify Epicor has sent registration key codes to all Epicor modules purchased. If you are missing registration key codes, contact your Epicor Salesman immediately to get all of the codes. When you receive the fixed registration key codes, verify them again.
- Verify Epicor has sent the correct DVD’s to all Epicor modules purchased. . If you are missing DVD’s, contact your Epicor Salesman immediately to get all of the DVD’s. When you receive the replacement DVD’s, verify them again.
- Once you have all of the hardware, software and registration codes have arrived you can schedule the Epicor Install consultant.
Before the Epicor software installation is checked off as complete. Be sure to verify the following:
- Verify database software is installed and tested. Download and install any outstanding patches.
- Verify Epicor modules purchased are installed on server. Third party modules will probably be installed later. Download and install any outstanding patches.
- Verify Epicor help is installed and working.
- If embedded education was purchased, make sure the icon exists and verify education is installed and working.
- Verify the client software is installed on several client computers and is working.
- Verify someone at your site is trained on installing the Epicor client software.
- Verify Crystal Reports developer is installed and document which computer it is installed on.
- Perform prints and print previews on Crystal Reports and Progress reports from a client.
- Verify Backups routines are created, tested and scheduled to run nightly.
- Reboot the Epicor servers and make sure Epicor restarts automatically.
- Get all Epicor Software media together and store somewhere safe and where it can be found.
Following the above list will help insure a successful software installation. As people go through the training process, all of the software will work with the training guides. It is very aggravating when the training guide wants to print something and printing is not working.